Winter is almost here, and those living on the prairies know how harsh the weather can be. But when you think of prepping your car for winter, we often forget about the windshields.
Here are some tips on how to care for your windshields this winter:
1) Clean your windshields – By keeping the glass clean, you can easily see if there are any cracks. Plus, dirt left stuck on can scratch the windshield over time.
2) Use washer fluid that has anti-fog/anti-freeze – You don't want the wiper fluid to freeze and damage the water pump.
3) Regularly change your wipers – Old and worn wiper blades can fall apart and scratch the glass on your windshield. Aim to change your wipers once a year.
4) Don't use boiling water/external heat – Major temperature changes can cause chips or damage your windshield.
5) Repair cracks and chips – When the temperature drops, any cracks or chips on your windshield will grow noticeably.
6) Defrost and then use the ice scraper
7) Use a real ice scraper – Using something else, such as a spatula, will only damage the glass.
Check out the Snowbrush W/ Ice Scraper to prepare for the upcoming winter! Call us to place your order at 306.249.4318. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Team MOBO