Are you interested in learning to play golf, but don’t know where to start? The amount of information out there can be overwhelming. Luckily this blog will guide you on how to get started as a complete beginner. You are never too old to learn how to golf. It’s all about making those small improvements. Here are 6 tips for golf beginners:
1. Practice Areas – Head over to a nearby golf facility: driving range, par 3 course or mini-golf course. If you are practicing at home, just be careful when you are swinging the club and where you are aiming the golf ball.
2. Online Videos – YouTube is a great resource and contains tons of golf videos that you can learn from.
3. Golf Lessons – Unless you have a pro golf player as a friend, we recommend taking lessons. As a beginner, you haven’t developed any bad habits yet and having a teacher makes things easier. You will know when you are doing something right or wrong. There are individual, group and online golf lessons available.
4. Training Aids – For example, golf grips on clubs can teach you to hold a club correctly. Be cautious when purchasing training aids though – some can be a waste of money. Always consult with your instructor or check product reviews before purchasing.
5. Practice Drills & Basics – Practicing your swing, form and putting repeatedly can help build muscle memory and confidence.
6. Choose the Right Equipment – Try golf clubs made for beginners if you’re just starting out.
Now you know how to get started! Ready to play some golf but need equipment? Our featured product this week are golf balls. Call us to place your order at 306.249.4318. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Team MOBO