You are interested in picking up golf and have started to think about purchasing a club. Choosing the right equipment can be stressful, especially for a beginner. So many options are available that you risk selecting a set that doesn't match your style, skill level or body type. Luckily, we have compiled a list of how to choose the right golf club for you.
1. Try Beginner Clubs – There are beginner clubs available that are more user-friendly. These clubs have large clubfaces and short shafts, making hitting the ball easier.
2. Do a Test Run – Always test the clubs out. A set that works for one person may not work for you.
3. Start off with a Few – Don't get tricked into buying an entire bundle immediately. Only get a few clubs or half a bundle to start. You can add more clubs once you gain more experience and techniques.
4. Get a Shorter Driver – The driver is the club you use at the beginning of each hole. It has a large head that can send the ball as far as you need. You should purchase a driver that is shorter than 44.5 inches long so you can have more control.
5. Choosing a Putter – The putter is the final club you use on each hole and when on the green. Its flat face helps with hitting the ball in a straight line. The putter will depend on your height, stance and arm length. When choosing, you must keep the putter parallel to the ground when hitting the ball.
6. Try Hybrids Instead of Irons – Iron clubs don't have enough loft to enable beginners to practice their swing. Hybrids are much easier to control and made with a mix of wood and irons.
7. Choosing a Wedge – The type of wedge depends on the conditions of the course wherever your ball lands. For example, an elevated green means you need a wedge with a loft to stop the ball from moving when it lands. To get out of a sand trap on a hole, you need a sand wedge that's wide and bouncy. A course with a firm turf means you need a wedge that doesn't cause a lot of bouncing.
No matter what club you are using, you should wipe them clean after each use. Check out our featured product, the golf towel with your logo on them. Call us to place your order at 306.249.4318. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Team MOBO