We all dream of a BBQ with our family and friends, basking in the great outdoors. A successful barbeque is easy to achieve as long as you know a few basic rules on food safety. We want our guests and our families to fully enjoy the experience.
Here are ten tips on how to barbeque safely:
1. Learn how to light the fire / properly use your grill – Knowing this skill/function can make a huge difference and will keep everyone safe.
2. Check your grill for leaks – After storing it inside during winter, you must check the grill over, especially the gas lines. If there's a leak in the gas line, propane or natural gas could build up inside when it's closed. As a precaution, always open the lid of your barbeque before you light it.
3. Store perishable food in the fridge before serving – Avoid having food out before it's necessary.
4. Thaw all frozen meat – You should thaw all frozen meat thoroughly before you put it on the grill. Otherwise, it might look cooked on the outside but still be raw on the inside.
5. Wash your hands before and after touching raw food – You want to avoid any cross-contamination.
6. Ensure the temperature is hot enough before cooking – You want to ensure the meat is evenly cooked.
7. Ensure meat is fully cooked – Use a food thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked enough to kill harmful germs.
8. Keep raw meat and fish juices away from ready-to-eat foods – This helps avoid cross-contamination.
9. Don't leave food out too long or in direct sunlight – Leaving food out too long can cause bacteria to form, and you risk food poisoning.
10. Always clean your grill after use – Grease can build up on the grill plates and tray. If you don't clean it, the build-up can act as fuel and catch fire while the grill is in use. Use a grill brush for cleaning and empty the grease tray each time.
With these tips, you'll be ready to fire up the grill! Want to add some flavor to your food? Check out our featured product, the smoker! It adds a smoking function to any electric, gas or charcoal grill. Plus, you get a color logo on the inside lid box and spice tube lid. Call us to place your order at 306.249.4318. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Team MOBO